Saturday, November 15, 2008

Insects


One cool fresh rainy morning while admiring my plants I saw this pair of insects motionless on a leaf of my 'water jasmine'. I quickly snap a few photos. These insects are not very big.
They didnt even move or fly away when I use the flash. The bigger one might be the female.

A close-up view of them. Their orange & black stripes body with patches of transparency on their wings. Beautiful insects.

The little light orange dot is what they left behind. Insect egg!



Also found this small insect nest stuck on the green netting of my front door. Nest is made of earth, the entrance is a tiny perfect round hole. Size of nest is smaller than my thumb nail. I must say this insect is a good architect, its little mud bungalow is well built.

I removed the nest and fortunately for the insect, it was empty inside. Whatever insect it is, it has morphed and flew away, otherwise it would meet its untimely death at my hands.