Tuesday, September 15, 2009

In memoriam - father - 5th anniversary

In Loving Memory of my father - 5th anniversary today.
1 Jan 1923 to 15 Sept 2004 - RIP

My chives has bloomed, from a bud into a cluster of tiny white flowers. First time I see chives' flowers. This plant was planted by my late mother and after her death on 29.12.07; I took just this one plant from her house to give it a new home in my house. I like eating chives. Knowing how my late mom loves gardening, I have been very careful in nurturing this plant. Seeing it flowers makes me happy and I know my mother in heaven would be happy knowing her chives is still very much alive and thriving. It may be a small potted plant but it meant a lot to me.



This is a crassula plant - I bought this plant a week after my mom died - in memory of her roots from China as this is sometimes called jade plant. My late mother likes jade. I had 2 pots (representing mother and father) and I took great care of it but unfortunately it withered after 1-1/2 years. I had no experience with this plant and probably overwatered it. (Strangely, after blogging about my jade plant, I found a piece of small round jade in front of my house this morning. It has a nice green colour. Losing my jade plants but found a real jade.)




















My jasmine - I plucked two flowers in the morning and the fragrance was lovely. They are from the same plant. The one on the left has formed lovely petals - look like a small rose while the other has lesser petals.


My jasmine but with mutated flowers (left) and a normal flower (right). This 2 flowers share one stalk.

















One of my fragrant jasmine flower again. It opens at night at 9 o'clock and I happened to notice it when I smelt the fragrance in the air and quickly snapped this photo. It was wonderful to see it opening and half an hour later it was fully opened. Flower lovers would understand - all these little simple joy and delights when a plant you've nurtured start blooming.


Pure White Fragrant flowers - flowers my late parents would like.