Saturday, June 6, 2009

Bubul Birds hatchlings


Birdnest no. 2 (June 07) - The unfortunate twin hatchlings.
These 2 birdchicks did not live long. A few days later they disappeared from the nest, I am sure they were eaten alive. I saw a little sparrow visiting the nest looking at them one day. The next day it was empty but I suspect another bird, the oriental magpie ate them. Why - because this magpie appears behind my house everyday since then. I also saw this magpie eating a lizard it caught. The mother bird made a mistake by choosing the wrong tree and building its nest too low (about 2 feet from the ground). I dismantled the 1st nest on my tree not knowing it will come back to lay eggs again. So the bird came back to my palm tree (in front of house) but the old nest was gone and hurriedly went to the "mickey mouse" tree at the back of house and nested. Tragic.









The suspected culprit seen here eating a house lizard at my backyard. This black bird can really sing.




Shakes head...no no.. death day coming